Thursday 22 September 2016

never stop dreaming!

I have always had this dream or idea that I would get myself to play soccer again. I played when I was around five or six, and quit because I didn't have any friends playing on my team. ☹️ As I got older, I started regretting the decision I made. My step dad bought me a soccer ball, cleats, shin guards and more to get me to start playing again... But again, I didn't want to play because we just moved to Virginia and I knew no one. Then, moving to Guam in high school, I felt as if it was "too late" to join sports because everyone who plays was already used to it. blah blah blah. I kept making excuses. UOG then, sent me an advertisement which I think gets sent to everyone-- about Try-Outs! I looked at all requirements and saw I met all of them. 2.0 or 2.5 being the lowest GPA possible; I have a 3.4 or 3.5. I got so excited, but then... my insecurity!! I refused to go because this is for a University. After a while, I got asked to play on a team for Bank of Guam. I'm really hoping to play for Bank of Guam, improve and try out next year for UOG!

No comments:

Post a Comment